Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Teacher In-Service Day

That's what I'm calling it today. Other-wise knows as, I need a break. We've not had a day off since Mike left. Well, except for Fridays, but that doesn't count. We take every Friday off, but it's park day. So, we're only home in the morning. I need a day to do nothing. I'll have the girls do spelling and language, but that's it. Devin is going to have an experiment day. He needs to do a few experiments to get caught up in science. He was waiting for me to get the supplies. Vinegar and a couple of red cabbage leaves. You should have seen the look on the Wal-mart cashier's face when she saw my 2 red cabbage leaves in the baggie. Seven cents worth. HA! :-)
Knitting....I just wanna knit. I don't want to pick a pattern, I don't even want to think about it. Last night, I cast on and knitted a toe for a toe-up sock. I had a pair of socks started for Mikayla, but hated them. So, I ripped them out and started a sock for me with some yummy yarn. After I finished the toe, I broke out my sock books to choose a pattern. Can you believe I could not choose one? Ugh. So, I'm just going to do a plain foot. Maybe by time I turn the heel I'll feel like choosing a pattern. My indecisiveness is a result of deployment. I'm sure of it. Emotionally, this has been a much toughter deployment for me. I'm not sure why. He's been gone for 2 months....I should have that numb feeling by now, and I don't. So, for now, I"ll just knit. :-) Until next time................

No comments: