Saturday, May 5, 2007

A few of my favorite pictures

Since my dh is deployed, I often have to think about things that make me happy, or my mood is horrible. Gee, I wonder why? :-) I uploaded some pictures to my computer a couple of days ago. Here are a few of my favorites. I need to print them and put them next to my bed, since they make me smile when I look at them. :-)


#1....Benjamin. He's at the very interesting age of 5. I must admit, I'm so glad he's not w.h.i.n.e.y. like Devin was when he was 5. Instead, Benjamin is mean. Really mean. Mostly to his siblings and I. Rarely to people outside our family, which I guess is a good thing. :-) He is still very sweet though. When he says something that is hurtful, I tell him that his words just hurt my heart. Most times, his reply is, "I don't care." A few minutes later, he'll walk by and rub my arm, or give me a gigantic bear hug before he runs off. That's his way of letting me know he still loves me. He'll outgrow the mean stage, I'm sure.....but I'm glad he can be sweet some of the time. :-) I snapped this picture during read-aloud time one night. We were anxiously awaiting the end of August Ceasar's World....we had been reading it forever and a day. So, one night, we decided we were going to finish it no matter how long it took. Apparantly it took too long......what you don't see is, Liberty was doing the same thing......



#2...We went to see Disney On Ice in April. We had so much fun. Here's my favorite picture from the day. Liberty is going through a phase where she makes funny faces every time I bring out the camera. Gee...I wonder where she learned that from?




#3.....We went to the Montgomery Zoo with our homeschool group this week. We love the zoo. We've been to three different zoos this year, with a total of 5 visits. We never tire of it. I think collectively, the monkey exhibit would be our favorite. :-) I just love this picture of Liberty. She's never been very photogenic, so it's hard to get a really great picture of her. Even when she was a baby. As soon as I would click the shutter button, she would move her hand in front of her face, do something funky with her lips, etc. I just love this outfit she's wearing too. As soon as I saw it at Old Navy, I had to buy it. Too cute. She's growing up so fast. She's never been an easy child, but she is so much fun. She crackes me up all.the.time. Isn't she just adorable? :-)


#4......Mikayla got her hair-cut this week. Mike still doesn't know. She has so much baby hair still, whenever we put it up, she ended up with horrible fly-aways. So, she wanted it cut. I took her to a fancy-shmancy kids hair salon. Pig-tails and Crew-cuts. She loves it. I snapped this picture as she was reading one of the signs at the zoo. The road to reading was so long for her. I'm so proud of her.

So, there they are.....a few of my favorite pictures. Until next time............

No comments: