Sunday, May 6, 2007

Knitting News

Can you believe I cast on about 3 different socks today, only to rip them back out because I just couldn't get into them? Hmph. I hate it when I have creative block. :-) However, I have officially started the decreases on the second sleeve to the Girlfriend Shrug. So, there is an end in site! :-) I'll share some photos soon. I have new yarn on the way. I cannot wait to get it. Hopefully I'll feel inspired once it comes.
Oh, I got to IM with my husband today. I think the lack of communication has been the most difficult thing for me to deal with this deployment. I hate it. Last time, we were able to talk on the phone a few times a week, and IM nearly everyday, sometimes twice a day. This time? Not so much. I consider myself blessed if I talk on the phone with him once a week. Most times, it's been once every two weeks. I do usually get to IM a couple of times a week, but not always. Last week, it was only once. He is supposed to be getting the internet in his room by Friday. Hopefully I"ll get to chat with him more then. Time will tell. We were able to share some photos on Yahoo while we were chatting, which was very nice. He has e-mailed me a few pics, but it takes him about two hours to send them. Yikes! So, photosharing is a great thing.
This week should be more relaxed than last week. I hope it is. Apparantley I've been a grump....my Mom asked me if I wanted to go to NY now. Ummmmm....no thanks. July and August is plenty long enough, thank you very much. :-) Until next time................

No comments: