Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cake anyone?




Yarn cake that is. :-) Thanks to Becca for winding my yarn into such cute little cakes for me. On the bottom is Socks That Rock in colorway Fairgrounds. I've been wanting to try this yarn for some time now. I just LOVE it. I cannot wait to knit it up into a pair of socks. On the top, is Lorna's Laces color 630 Bittersweet. It's pretty bright, but I got it for super cheap. The lighting is off in the picture. I assure you it's not quite THAT bright. :-) It'll make a really fun pair of girlie socks, eh? I have finished a sock this week. I am hoping to cast on for the second tomorrow at the park. I also need to make a hat for my sweet dh. He asked me about it the other day. In my defense, I haven't been knitting much. I'll get right on it though. :-)
We're finishing up our school work for the summer. I bought a couple of bridge books for Mikayla to work on in NY. I don't think it'll be good for her to take much time off. She does better with repitition. All the kids have finished their math books. Yee-haw! Mikayla is finishing up her phonics book. She has about 40 lessons left in Language. She'll finish that in NY. Devin is working on finishing his English and Science, then we're DONE! Well, except for history. We'll continue that into the next school year. No biggie there.
Here's some fun pics I took of a couple of the kids today. I looked out the front door, and saw this:

I was bout to go nuts.....until I realized the damage was already done. HA! I figured I might as well let them run with it. So, I grabbed the camera. They'll make for some cute pics for Mike to hang on his wall, I'm sure. lol. I must admit, they did a GREAT job cleaning up after themselves. They rinsed every ounce of mud off their cute little bodies before they came in the house. Until next time..............

1 comment:

Terrillyn said...

OOH - I remember getting in so much trouble for taking a mud bath with my brother and sister. Was it worth it? You betcha!

I've got another box to send to Mike this week.