Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My

I am a multi-crafter. I don't just knit. I scrap. Sometimes it's hard for me to decide which I'm more passionate about. It's hard for me to find the time to do both. I think they serve different purposes for me. I wouldn't want to be forced to choose just one. When we moved into this house, the kids were so excited that they would have their own bathroom. Actually, they have a couple of bathrooms. :-) Of course, with 4 kids using one bathroom, they couldn't decide on a theme. Katie wanted SpongeBob, Mikayla wanted Princess. We compromised with this:
Katie adores anything monkey. Liberty loves lions, and Mikayla loves Giraffes. Benjamin was just thrilled not to have anything pink! :-) We've got the elephant toothbrush holder, a few brown towels, and a purple bath rug. We're still working on the minor details of the decor. lol. They want the lion trash can but whew, that thing is spendy. I think they'll just keep the Madagascar trash can they have now. Hey, it's animals, right? Anyway, here's what I came up with for a couple of picture frames to hang on the wall. The frames are 12x12. I cut the animals/leaves/grass on my Cricut Expressions machine. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this machine. It seems as though I use it for every scrapping project I've done lately. The kids have made some Christmas ornaments with it, they've used it for school projects. If you're a scrapper, and you don't have one of these machines, get one. You won't be sorry. :-) Anyway, without further delay, here's what I made.....


Anyway, the kids love 'em. Mom is bringing me another frame when she comes next week. I think I'll call her and ask her to bring me two more. That way I can do a monkey and a lion to hang right above these! Until next time...........

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Very cool...those are great!

Becca said...

I don't know how you did that, but it's very cute!