Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Finished Projects

I finally finished the Girlfriend Shrug. It felt so good to finally get that thing off the needles! I'll try to post a picture later, but I'm not on my own computer right now, so we'll see. I have started the cuff on a pair of socks I've had going for a while too. I've got about 4" left, then they'll be done. I'm waiting on the longer cable from Knit Picks before I can work anymore on the Hip in Hemp skirt from knitty.com. I can't wait to post a progress picture though. It's pretty funky, but I love it. In yesterdays mail, I got my yarn to start a Clapotis. The yarn looks a bit different than it did on the monitor, but I still like it. I got some new stitch markers too! Oh, and a letter from my dh! It was a good mail day! :-)
Things are going well here in NY. It has been unseasonably cool, so we're a bit chilly, but it's a nice break from the sweltering heat of GA. It's supposed to be in the 80s by the weekend, so maybe we'll actually be able to go to the beach! I probably shouldn't mention this, for fear that it'll jinx it some how, but Katie has started her 6th grade math book....all on her own. I think she's up to lesson 9 or 10. I had told her before we came to NY that the sooner she finishes the book, the bigger a prize she'll get. She's hoping to complete all 130 lessons while we're in NY. I don't know if that'll happen, but it's a valiant effort anyway. :-)
Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!
Until next time..............

1 comment:

rellimall said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well up yonder in New York. We miss you guys.... Some cool weather would be nice here :)