Monday, July 23, 2007

Lake Placid

I went to Lake Placid with Mom, our friend Mary and Mikayla on Saturday. It was much fun. The weather was beautiful....couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. For future reference though, I'll remember not to visit Lake Placid the weekend the Ironman competition is taking place. Yikes. The busiest weekend of the season. We visited a yarn shop called Adirondack Yarns. She had some of the yummiest Alpaca yarn I've seen. I think it's by Catalina. I'm not exactly sure though. I should have written it down. I did get another hank of Artist Fleece, in a much darker colorway. Here's a couple of photos. :-)



















Just for giggles, here's a funny picture. I'm sure this "snow" is really just ice they scrape off from the ice in the Olympic Center, but it was still fun. Cold, but fun. lol
Oh, I should mention one of quite possibly the most exciting things that happened while in LP. I found a pair of dressy sandals at Bass, in size 11! We walked into the store, and there they were....my sandals...it took all of 5 minutes. They were regularly priced $70, on sale for $21 including tax!!!!! Yee-haw! I found a shirt to wear to the wedding at Vanheusen. The next time I go there, I will be sure to budget more $$ for clothes shopping. :-)
I don't have time to blog about our visit to camp on Sunday, but here is a teaser picture....there will be more pics to come later. :-)


2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

That's my kind of vacation...a yarn store, great shoes on sale, and a lake.

Becca said...

Cute pic of Mikayla!! It looks so cool and refreshing up there. I'm totally jealous. You didn't join in the Ironman?