Friday, July 20, 2007

Ribbit, ribbit

So, I frogged the entire Lorna's Laces Jaywalker. Thankfully, my ball winder came, so I just wound it back up into a neat little cake. That thing is too much fun by the way. :-) I cast on a.g.a.i.n. last night. I finished the toe. This time, I'm just going to do a plain old short-row heel. Not as fancy as the heel flap version, but obviously, I can't figure out how to do a toe-up Jaywalker with a heel flap. lol. I also wound up one of the hanks of the Artist Fleece Mom gave me. It looks so much different once it's wound into a cake. I can't wait to knit with it. I think I'll use the Cross-hatch Lace pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. That'll be pretty with that yarn, eh? :-) It's taking me about an hour and a half to complete a stripe on the Hemp skirt. That's a long time to knit 4 rows. lol. Thankfully, I think I only have 3 or 4 more increase repeats. So, it shouldn't get much worse than it is now. I'm hoping to have it done in 2 or 3 more weeks. We will see. It's not really portable right now, and I've been driving everywhere we go since I've been in NY. So, there has been no knitting time in the truck. :-)
We're planning to go to Lake Placid tomorrow. I drove through there the other day with Dad, but I didn't stop anywhere. Can you believe I drove by TWO knitting shops AND a scrapbook store without stopping? I knew I would be back up there with Mom and Mary....that was the only reason I didn't stop. :-) I just love Lake Placid. Mike wants to come up here for a week or so next summer when he gets back. I'm hoping he and I can get away for a night and head up there. It's such a quaint little town. Totally amazes me that the Olympics were held there. I just can't imagine that many people on the streets up there! We toured the Olympic sites about 4 years ago. It was amazing. Mike even rode the bob-sled. He said it was a blast! :-)
Tonight, I'm taking Devin to the little historic theater in town to see Transformers. He's already warned me, the pop-corn up there is nasty. I guess that'll save my diet, eh? lol. He went last week with his buddy to see Evan Almighty. You know, even though I always say I'll never retire in NY, I just love it once I get here. It'll be super hard for me to go back to the GA heat, that much I know. We've actually had cruddy weather since I've been here, but it's cool.....makes it all worth while. :-) Until next time............

No comments: