Saturday, November 9, 2013

In Which We Lose Our Minds

Just about this time last year, we got a puppy named Marlee. She was total cuteness and devil at the same time. Sadly, she passed away this summer. We decided to wait until Spring to get another puppy. After spending some time this summer with my brother's dog Piper, an Australian Shepherd mix, I thought maybe that should be the kind of dog we should he. That was before I knew how difficult they would be to find up here and how much they would cost!!!! Some have asked us why we even wanted another dog since we already have two. So, I'll spell it out for my many readers. :-)
1. Our current dogs are gettin older. 
2. Mike wants to try ski-jouring. 
3. Liberty is obsessed with dogs and would love to teach a dog tricks!!!
4. Puppies are cute!!!!

Fast forward to Thursday. I had just clocked off work and checked Facebook on my phone as I was walking through the store. Someone (or a couple of someones) had posted a picture of a couple of adorable Golden Retriever mix puppies at the local animal shelter. I've always loved Goldens. I took a screenshot of the Facebook posting and called Mike. He was rather surprised at me asking him if he thought we should get one. His initial response was no. Then he called me back and asked for a picture. Conveniently, I had taken a screenshot and could send it swiftly. Which I did. :-). After he viewed it, he called me back and said they are awfully cute. So, off I went, to the shelter to meet these puppies!!! There were three, but only two were left. Liberty and I were able to meet both of them. We chose the one we wanted and filled out the adoption paperwork. He needed to be neutered before we could bring him home. We were finally able to pick him up last night. He is so sweet!!!! The shelter guessed he's about 10 weeks old. Someone had dropped them in the overnight box at the shelter on the coldest night of the year. It was about fifteen below zero that night. Breaks my heart that those puppies were outside that night!!!  Some might not think we were the smartest people to get another dog, and maybe they are right. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the ute puppiness. We've had him for a little over 24 hours now and I still think he's cute. Blog friends, meet Yukon!!!!

No comments: