Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Long Weekend

This is the first long weekend our family has had in quite some time. Since Mike spent the last 2 years as a Drill Sgt., he worked 7 days most weeks, including federal holidays. Yuck. We enjoyed a nice, mostly relaxing weekend at home. We were planning to go tubing at the local sledding hill on Sunday afternoon, but it was closed due to the fact that the temps were colder than negative 20! Bummer! Today was a bit colder than that, but the kids still went out to play. Only in Alaska, that's for sure! :-)
Saturday, Mikayla and I went to a baby shower. That meant I had to knit a baby gift. 'Cause, you know, we couldn't just drive to the store and buy one!!!! Since I was short on time, I knit another Easy Baby Cardigan. I've knit that little sweater so many times! I'll share a picture once I upload photos. I'm currently working on a little sweater vest from Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders. If you don't have that book, you really do need to go buy it right now. It has so many fun to knit patterns in it!
This week will be a busy week. Tomorrow, we're planning to go skating. Have I mentioned how much my kids love skating? :p I'm also busy planning school stuff. We NEED to get back into a regular routine, which means I need to order new books! I should be able to order this week. My kids were enjoying their time off...until I told them this might just have to be our summer vacation. HA!

No comments: