Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Alaska Fun

We took the kids to Christmas In Ice two weekends ago. It was FRIGID, but so much fun! We went with my friend and her 3 girls. The kids had so much fun trying out the ice slides. Those were quite possibly the fastest slides I've ever seen. Mike tried it with one of kids and said it was painful. He banged his forearms and elbows off the sides of the ice slide. That was enough for me to know that I wasn't going to attempt it. :pMike actually took the kids this last weekend as well. It was free day for Military, I was going to a friend's house to do laundry, he wanted to get the kids out of the hotel for a little while. The ice festival was the perfect thing to do! Plus, it was much warmer than when we went the first time. I think it was a balmy 15 below zero!
Some of my kids have a new found passion....


Yes, they are ice-skating. One of Mikayla's friends asked her to go skating with her when we first got here, and she's been hooked ever since. Actually, the addiction started in Edmonton. We went to the West Edmonton Mall on our way to Alaska. We had planned to take the kids to Glow-in-the dark mini-golf. Until the saw the indoor ice-rink in the middle of the mall. They skated for a little over an hour, and that was it. They were hooked. Liberty actually gave up the cone shortly after this picture was taken. She asked me to guard it for her while she did another lap, just to make sure she didn't need it. Between holding Devin's hand, and holding onto the wall, she made it. The cone was not necessary any longer. Mikayla asks me to take her skating every other day or so. It's a sickness, I say. I'm planning to get the three younger kids in a learn to skate program after the first of the year. Fun times ahead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Angela! We just PCSed here in August. I take my homeschool kids ice skating there almost every week. They love it. I'm usually busy crocheting something while I'm there. "Mom time" :-)

Conni

angel said...

Did you enroll them in lessons yet? The lessons are at UAF, not the dipper.

angel, who found your blog from a homeschooler!

Anonymous said...

Oh nevermind lol. I figured out your kids !! Hope they liked the Learn to skate!
Angel