Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Last Frontier!!!!!

So, you may or may not have noticed I've taken quite the blogging hiatus. Once I started attempting to keep up with Facebook, I just didn't have the time to keep up with my blog as well. There may be other reasons for letting the blog go by the wayside, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
See that sign up there? Welcome to Alaska! We drove nearly 4,000 miles in 8 days, with a two night stop in Edmonton, Alberta. Might I mention there were seven people, two dogs AND a hamster in one Suburban? Yeah, I was done. D.O.N.E with that drive. Thank the Lord, we made it safely with one mishap. A flat tire. The Lord allowed us to drive 200 miles on that flat tire before we reached a town with tire fixing capabilities.
We are currently living in a 2 bedroom suite hotel. It's the Hotel North Pole, in case you're interested. It's nice and fairly spacious...if we were a family of 4! But alas, it will suffice. The Army had no housing for us, and wouldn't have any for 4-6 months. Thankfully, we were able to find a 5 bedroom house off-post to rent. It'll be available at the end of the month. That means we'll be having Christmas in this hotel. Fun? Maybe, maybe not? We'll at least be together, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

glad you followed my blog, I didn't know you were still blogging!