Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hallelujah, it's over.

This may sound horrid, but after two Christmas celebrations, I'm glad it's over. It was fun while it lasted, but bring on 2008. :-) The kids had a fabulous day though. They enjoyed all of their gifts, loved hearing the Christmas story, decorated cookies, made gingerbread houses and all of that fun jazz. Speaking of gingerbread houses, we are finished with kits. We had such a hard time getting our houses to stay together this year. Next year, we're either doing graham cracker houses or a lincoln log house. :-) Liberty was so excited to finally get her Dora's Talking Kitchen. This morning, she was sitting on the couch watching TV and said, "Dora's Talking Kitchen here I come!" Silly little girl.
Mike has finally made it back to his FOB. He sat at Baghdad International Airport from Saturday until yesterday. Nice, eh? He's getting back into the swing of things. They already shipped him out to the out-post. He wouldn't have it any other way though. Sitting in his room would drive him crazy.
I'm anxious to start a new knitting project, but first I have to convince myself to turn the heel on the socks I've been working on. Also, in order to start the new project, I have to do a guage swatch. I loathe having to swatch. It'll be worth it though, as I totally LOVE the new project I'm going to start. :-)

No comments: