Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chaos

That's what my life has felt like lately....chaos. Will it get better any time soon? Probably not. :-) I am getting my house in order though. I still have quite a bit of stuff in the garage, but a lot of it will stay out there. It just needs some organization. I figured that will be a good project for dh to do while he's home on R&R. He'll have lots of helpers. Heehee. The last two days, we've spent organizing the bonus room, which we're using a toy room. I am putting a couch and a love seat down there soon. My friend Lori just got new couches, and she's giving me her old set. Gotta love a free couch! :-) It's in better condition than my current set, so I'll put hers my main living room, and the old set downstairs in the bonus room. I really hate to spend a ton of money on new furniture, because I have no idea how long I'll live here. I doubt we'll go anywhere within the next couple of years, but you just never know.
This is our second week back at school since we returned from Florida. We're having our good days and our not so good days. Monday was horrid. Tuesday and Wednesday went pretty well. I just realized that Benjamin knows almost all of his letters and their sounds, so he'll be ready to start reading in no time at all.
Mike will be home for R&R soon. I can't say exactly when, because I don't know exactly when. But, it'll be before Christmas. :-) He's supposed to give me a more accurate date soon. I can't wait. We're planning to maybe take a 3 or 4 day trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We've been there a couple of times already, and love it there. We'll most likely rent a log cabin and just stay there. We'll go to the aquarium, but that's probably it. We'll just enjoy being together the rest of the time. Last time Mike took R&R, we traveled for atleast 10 of the 14 days. He doesn't want to do that again. So, we'll travel for 3 or 4, and stay home for the rest. Maybe I see a 56" DLP TV in our near future? Who knows. Heehee.
Knitting. What's that? I haven't knit hardly at all since I've been back from FL. Seems like I've been exhausted since I returned. I'm almost done with the sock I started when I was at the YH event. That's it. I had big plans to do some knitting for Christmas gifts, but I doubt that will happen. We'll see.
Here are a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure. :-) Well, never mind. I've been trying to upload pictures to blogger for 2 days now, and it won't work. Until next time................

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am so excited for you all to have R&R...Jim won't be home until around February, so he will have been there for 8 months before he gets it (I almost say, why bother). Knitting, well that hasn't been in my vocab here, so sad I really wanted to learn those socks. Take Care friend!