Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happenings

Lots of happenings going on around here during the month of March. Liberty broke her ankle. Such a freak thing really. She fell. That's it. Nothing spectacular, she just fell. Of course, she cried. Me being the fantabulous mother that I am, told her to just get in bed and quit crying. Really, I thought it was no big deal. Until she got up the next morning and couldn't walk. That's when I knew we had a problem. Thankfully, Mike was able to take her to the ER. Of course it happened on a day when I had a gazillion things to do because we were having company for dinner that night! The ER doctors didn't think she would need a cast, but apparently she did. This picture serves a two-fold purpose. See that green stuff Liberty is sitting in? She declared the day we got grass as the "best day of her life." Too funny. Atleast we can let the dogs back there now.
Devin had his JROTC ball on Saturday. He had a blast. I think the most fun event of the evening maybe have been going into the basement because the tornado sirens went off. Fun stuff, let me tell 'ya. He didn't bring a date, even though he would have liked to. He had to buy his ticket at the end of January. Since he had only been attending the school for a couple of weeks, he didn't know anyone well enough to ask them to go with them. However, he did inform me that he danced with a few girls. Yee-gads.

Last by not least, Mike got a promotion!!!!!!!! I am so proud of him. If you speak "Army," he went from E-5 to E-7 in five years, AND he was a reclass! Of course, as soon as his ceremony was over, he was already talking about E-8. Silly guy. :-) Not the greatest picture in the world, but atleast it's something. Mike's friend Brian drove to Knox from Campbell for the ceremony. He ripped the old rank off so I could stick the new rank on. Can I just say, pinning rank isn't the same now that it's VELCRO!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: