Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dream in Color

I absolutely loved knitting with this yarn. It's perfectly smooshy, soft, vibrant, you name it. I totally underestimated my knitting time for this project. Not that it took a long time to make, just that I thought I would knit more than I did. Atleast that's the excuse I'm using. :-) I knew Amy's due date was in February. What I didn't know, was her baby shower would be a good couple of weeks before her due date. I was thinking it would be after she had the baby. Let's just say I was very surprised when I opened the church bulletin and saw the announcement for her shower in TWO WEEKS! I think I cast-on for the sweater that night. :-) We won't mention the fact that I was 20 minutes late for the shower because I was weaving in ends and then I had to take it home with me to block it. She was a good sport about it though. I did bring it to church on Sunday to give it back to her, but by time I got it out of the truck, she was gone! So, I'll get it back to her tomorrow night. Sorry Amy! :-)


This is where I ordered the kit. They were super friendly, and shipped promptly! I made the smallest size, but probably should have made the next size up. I guess it's a good thing that our winters are short here in GA, so her baby won't need it long anyway. :-)

I'll have a super cute project bag to show you very soon. I can't WAIT!

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

Okay, so I decided....one Tulip and one Sorbet. thet way if I have twins I have two cardis and if I get one, I have two slightly different sweaters for the same child. :D